Wednesday 4 February 2009

Prince Hari

I LOVE Johann Hari. The Independent columnist and Richard Littlejohn's nemesis keeps me sane in a sea of right-wing, racist, homophobic comments online. Every time a new article appears on his blog I clap my hands in excitement, put on the kettle and settle down to read it. I've noticed that no other blogger or columnist has this effect on me, although Jon Ronson did until he was replaced in the Guardian Weekend by the poor imitation Tim Dowling. However, all of this makes me feel incredibly guilty because I'm not an Independent reader - I'm a Guardianista. Oh, this isn't a partisan thing, it is just that the Independent always seems to be running at a loss and reading Hari's blog online for free removes the incentive for me to buy the paper.

Anyway, if I ever saw Johann Hari I would definitely buy him a drink, or shake his hand, maybe even hug him inappropriately. Anyone who "was once called “babe” by Germaine Greer, and squealed with pleasure," is definitely my kind of guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment